Saturday, October 6, 2012

Chick Pea Salad

If you like chick peas, I'm pretty sure you're going to like this salad!  I must tell you, though, it's not my own creation.  And, I must also confess, I can't remember who it belongs to!  I'm sorry.  It was so easy and I had the ingredients on hand that I just went to the kitchen after I saw it and whipped it up.  I'm pretty sure all the ingredients are as listed on this person's blog, if not, well...  I liked the finished product,  If it was yours, please accept my apologies, and leave a comment so I can give proper credit.


Chick Pea Salad

1 can of chick peas (otherwise known as Garbonzo beans)
1/2 to 3/4 pint of grape tomatoes, sliced
Chopped basil leaves (FRESH).  I think the recipe called for 25, I just used what I had and I think it was about 15 - I thought that was plenty)
a couple cloves of garlic, minced
1 TBSP red wine vinegar
1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 TBSP honey
a little sea salt and dash of pepper

Toss all the ingredients together and let sit for a bit in the frige to let the flavors mingle and get to know one another.   Eat with total abandon!  It was so good!!!

Enjoy

1 comment:

  1. I love chick peas in a salad,but haven't tried this one. A must try this week with the hot weather on its way. Thank you x

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails