Pages

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Refreshing Watermelon Drink


I'm guessing where you are it still feels oppressive, right?  In Florida, we go from a few days of winter, directly into summer...or at least that's the way it feels.  And, being August, let me just say "ugh" !
So, how about I just share a refreshing summery drink?  I love watermelon.  So summery, right? 
This is (embarrassingly) easy to fix so you have no excuse not to try it.  That is, unless you can't get your hands on any watermelon.

Watermelon Spritzer

You're going to need:
4 cups (about) of watermelon chunks
3/4 cup thawed frozen limeade concentrate (that's not quite a can - but I used the whole thing because that's how I roll)
and some carbonated beverage (I happened to have diet 7-Up on hand. Works for me)


Dump the chunks into a blender and whirl away

I've got to tell you, my Ninja is still my go-to best friend!

Pour into a strainer.  See those seeds?  I don't mind not picking 'em out, because I'm straining it all.

I wonder what I could do with that pulp... hmmmm....

Add the limeade.
When you're ready to guzzle it down, add your carbonated beverage to taste.

Ahhhhh.....

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds sooooo good right about now. :) I'm on the lookout for glasses just like those. My Nana had a set and I wish I would have kept them when we emptied her house. They were jelly jars or something weren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm - love watermelon and this looks so yummy! Yes, it is still pretty hot here - 106 this weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds tasty! I'll have to bust out the blender and try it this weekend.

    http://dvrdame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails