Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Super Easy Creamy Chicken and noodles

Ya know how you have life all planned out... got your lists ready to cross off the chores and start the new year clean and organized? Yeah, that's how I planned my start on 2012. But only two days into this glorious "New" year, my mom goes into the hospital. Funny how everything (and I mean everything) gets put on the back burner. Life doesn't always go according to our lists. So we learn to use pencils with erasers, and hopefully grow in the process.

I learned some things during all this, as the dirty clothes piles grew, and the dishes sat: life isn't in the things and how well we manage them... or let them manage us. It's in relationships. We need each other and when you're given a special opportunity to be there for someone, it's OK if "chores" come to a screeching halt for a little while.

I'm happy to report that my mother is home now and spending a few days at my sister's house for recuperation. So, to lighten her load tonight, I made this super quick and easy dish to take to her house while I visit with mom.

I thought this would be better for her since she's still not eating full meals and taking it easy on her tummy.
Creamy Chicken and Noodles

Boiled chicken (I used a rotisserie chicken from Publix)
Bag of large flat noodles ( I used Mueller's, but any brand will do)
garlic powder
Chicken broth
Poultry seasoning 1-2 TBSP
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
Chicken Broth (I used 3 cans - 15 oz each)
2 cans Cream of Chicken Soup
salt and pepper to taste

To save time I bought the rotisserie chicken, but you can certainly boil your own and use that broth - then you won't have to use the canned broth.

Boil your noodles in the chicken broth. (You need only enough broth to just cover the noodles...unless you want to make soup instead)
Add all the other ingredients and cook another 5-8 minutes.

Note: You can also add sliced carrots, celery and onion to make it a heartier meal (but mom wasn't up for that)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails