Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Freezer Foods Friday - Easy Egg Rolls


Well, this Freezer Foods Friday, I'm sharing Egg Rolls gone Easy!  These are great freezer friendly do-dads and perfect for party appetizers or just good munchin' !  Hope you enjoy these...

Egg Rolls Made Easy


2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (or pork)
1 1lb. package coleslaw mix
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp ground ginger
2 one-pound packages egg roll wrappers
oil for frying

In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Mix well. Place a heaping tablespoon of mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling, roll up tightly, forming a tube and seal.
*Flash freeze. Put in freezer bags and label.

To use: Deep fry frozen at 375 degrees for 4-5 minutes or until brown or fry in 1 inch of oil in electric skillet. Yield 40 egg rolls.

*To seal, make a paste of flour and water and using a pastry brush, wet the top corner with paste and seal.

Note:  When I say "Flash Freeze", I realize that the average home doesn't have the freezers to do that, (nor do I! LOL)  but the "home" method for flash freezing is to lay them out on a cookie sheet and freeze, THEN put in zipper type freezer bags.  That way, they're not (hopefully!) frozen together into one big popsicle stick.

ok, now it's your turn if you'd like to share a make ahead, freezer friendly, recipe or tip... please link up.  Please don't forget to link back to this blog so everyone can enjoy all the entries.



 

13 comments:

  1. Yum...sounds delicious. Definitely bookmarking so I can try this one out. Following you courtesy of Follow me Friday.
    I'm also hosting a giveaway.
    http://tallysplace.blogspot.com/2010/01/giveaway-finally.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! OK *whew* when you said "Flash Freeze" I was like, "Whoa... she's got a much more hi-tech freezer than I do!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I love to make meals ahead and freeze them - I have I can't believe I'm admitting this - 3 freezers. Sad addiction.

    But this little tasty treats may have to enter into the freezer stockpile!

    New follower from Follow Friday

    misadventuresofmomof3.me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blog....cannot wait to read more...Happy Friday Follow!

    Holly @ 504 Main

    ReplyDelete
  5. This recipe looks yummy! I'm visiting from Friday Follow late! Please come visit my blog and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm collecting recipes for Super Bowl Sunday and I think these egg rolls will fit in perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG - I LOVE egg rolls. You just don't even know. One time, I had egg rolls every day!

    Woohoo! Thanks for linking up at Friday Follow. I am already following and stopping over to say hello. Happy Friday Follow!

    ~ Lynn
    http://www.middayescapades.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Friday Follow! Sorry a day late and a dollar short my pops always said! LOL Following you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have never made egg rolls before. I may have to try these, I'm a bit scared of frying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always looking for new recipes. Especially ones that I can make a freeze. New follower from follow Friday. I look forward to your posts! You can find me blogging here:

    http://www.couponclippinmommy.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful blog. I'm following you now. Happy Friday Follow

    Tami
    www.heartsmakefamilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds yummy!!!!

    I am following from friday follow. Sorry I am late/ or early!!!

    Sarah

    sarahsblogoffun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this recipe and love your blog
    bright and colorful.

    hey come over and connect with my blog
    im linking back to your site also

    http://countryfixins2009.blogspot.com

    thanks

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails