Pages

Friday, January 15, 2010

FREEZER FOODS FRIDAY



Oh my goodness gracious!  Here it is after 3:00 pm and I just realized....It's Friday!!!!!  That means it's Freezer Foods Friday!  Have you been waiting for me?  So sorry!   Today will be a "two-fer".  Golden Chicken Nuggets.  You can make your own chick'n nuggets handy to pop in the oven, or nuke for a quick snack, party food or kiddies meal.  And to go with those chicken nuggets, how about some better-for-you (because they're oven-fried)  Freezer Oven Fries?   Since you've been patiently waiting for me, I'll just jump right into the recipes for ya, how's that?

And don't forget... if you have a tip, recipe, or idea for "making ahead"... please DO join in the linky link-up.  Just be kind and link back to here on your blog and give a link so everyone can come here and enjoy the recipes, will ya?  You're a sweetie!

Golden Chicken Nuggets
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon salt
6 chicken breast halves - boneless and skinless
1/2 cup margarine - melted

Cut the chicken breast halves into about 1 to 1.5 inch chunks (really, whatever size you want, these just work better for me).
Combine the first 4 ingredients.
Dip c hicken in butter; roll in the crumb mixture.
Place in a single layer on an ungreased baking sheet
Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until the juices run clear.
(this yields about 4 dozen 1 inch nuggets)


Freezer Oven Fries
Peel potatoes and cut into french fries
Shake the raw french fries in a little olive oil.
Bake 20 minutes in a 350 degree oven and cool
Set the cookie sheet they were baked on in the freezer until they are frozen solid.  Scoop them off the pan and store in ziploc bags.

To heat them up:  Just throw 'em back in the oven on a cookie sheet at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes, until they are crispy.  (I usually give a light dusting of Pam, or spray olive oil)

Note:  For a little "twist", you could add Italian seasoning, or Cajun  after applying the olive oil.  Both ways are quite tasty!!!

ok, now it's your turn.   Let's hear from you!


19 comments:

  1. Going to have to try the oven fries! Oh yes...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm totally with Cora -- YES on the oven fries and DOUBLE YES on the Cajun seasoning. Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fellow Friday Follower! I am now following you.

    PLease follow me at the below links

    http://www.thetrendytreehouse.blogspot.com
    http://www.taraajohnston.blogspot.com

    Also, Thanks in advance for following me back! This is terrific idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds yummy. What a great meme.

    Here I am...your newest blog follower! Thanks for linking up at Friday Follow. Happy escapes!

    ~ Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping by to follow and say hello. I am having so much fun with Friday Follow.

    Felissa
    www.felissahadas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for becoming a fan. I don't know what the difference is between that and blog network, do you?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I couldn't agree more with the Esther Burrows quote you shared. I've enjoyed visiting your blog and have signed up to follow. Your recipes are terrific! Please stop by and visit/follow. Blessings to you, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. These sound yummy! I love things I can make and put in the freezer. I am now following your blog from Friday Follow. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum, I've never made me own oven fries. I've only tried the Ore-Ida ones

    Here following from Friday Follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never made oven fries, am so enjoying freezer friday...

    Thought I would give you a heads up about our giveaway, nothing to do but comment!

    gafoodies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for linking up at Friday Follow. Here I am...your newest blog follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a neat idea (receipe) I'm gonna give that a shot!
    I'm a new follower from Friday Follow. Sorry I'm late, tech issues.
    Your header is just darling, I like it!
    Joe www.twentytolifeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the fries idea! Going to have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stopping from SITS! I make this chicken recipe too. My family loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, what a great idea! I'm going to make these chicken nuggets the next time my husband has the guys over to play pool! Will I get a lot of points for that.

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stopping in from SITS, this looks like a great recipe! Love it! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope has arrived! Thank you so much:)

    http://countrycitymouse-pam.blogspot.com/2010/01/hope.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just got to your blog and I'm already hungry!

    New Friday Follower!!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails