Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Here’s to New Starts!



Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. (Lamentations 3:22-23)

I love New Years Day! Not because of the football games… the parties… the feasting. Not even because of the White Sales (although I do love a good sale!)

I don’t typically make resolutions. When asked, I usually just give the same answer “My New Year’s resolution is to not make any”. Mostly because I’ve learned that by about the third month (if I make it that far) I’ve long since forgotten those grand intentions. Some resolutions are hard and you just can’t do it. You try. But you’re human and, well, not perfect.

Although I don’t usually make resolutions I still think of New Years as our own personal “re do” opportunity. My “clean slate”, if you will.

Whether we make New Year’s resolutions or not, I think in a way, we see it as another chance to “get it right”. Cancel out the mistakes of the previous year and begin again.

Because God loves us so much, He makes every day a New Year! We get to start over each day. His mercies are new every morning. I’m so grateful that the maker of the universe knows my frailness…and my heart… and extends such loving compassion to me. How about you? Are you living with the thought that you just don’t “cut it”?


1 comment:

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails