Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

Simple Acts of Kindness

Do practice Random Acts of Kindness? We all have chances every day to do so.

One thing I want to do is to practice doing Random Acts of Kindness more. I’ve done a few paying for the customer in line behind me at Starbucks drive through and that was fun. I’ve done a few other things in the past too, but this post isn’t about me bragging. It’s a new commitment to consciously being aware of the opportunity for new and inventive ways of practicing random acts of kindness.

Call it “
Pay if Forward” or “Random Acts of Kindness” it all boils down to being kind to our fellow man/woman and blessing someone who probably - by society’s standards - doesn’t deserve it. That’s what makes it an act of kindness! I really loved the movie “Pay it Forward” (ok, I’m not crazy about what happened to the kid, but…) and if you haven’t, rent it and watch it, then come up with something to DO. I’d love to hear about it, so please come back and let me know…or e-mail me so I can do a whole post at the end of the year of our actions! Neat, eh?

Oh, and along the lines of “Pay It Forward”, I was surfing today and came across someone talking about making tags. Briefly, here is how the process works: People make tag cards. Commit an act of kindness. Give the person a tag card which asks the stranger to do another act of kindness. Kind of a tactile “Pay It Forward”. (I thought that was neat but I’m not sure if I’ll employ that idea, just sharing in case you wanted to)

I would love it if at the end of the year we have a great RAK (Random Acts of Kindness) party, wouldn’t you?

Let me know your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails