Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Necessity is the mother of invention...

ok, so I tried out this cake I saw on youtube... it's supposed to be a Ghiardelli chocolate cake - you put half the batter in, then put a whole bag of the carmel chocolate squares on top and then top with the rest of the batter. You're supposed to use a silicone pan but I didn't have one. Plus, I don't the time to wait is exactly correct either. But this is what happened. I was making this to take to my in-laws' for the fourth of July festivities. Hmmm.... what could I do because I didn't want to make another something from scratch... Ah ha! Trifle!!! so, here's what I took:



update: I used my coupon for bed, bath and beyond, and bought a silicone pan. Tried it last night and guess what... didn't break apart but a big gob of goo just ran to the middle. I know you're supposed to adjust your baking times and temps when using silicone and I did...the outside tips were burned, but the inside - gooey! It tastes like a dream, but looks sick! LOL
I'd really like this to work out!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder what's going on with that thing. Just wont work will it? good thing you're inventive!

    Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails