Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Broccoli Cheddar Soup

This is from Todd Wilbur's Top Secret Recipes cookbook.
It's supposed to be like Panera Bread's  Broccoli Cheddar Soup.  The first night we ate it, I didn't think it tasted like it...I finished off the left-overs today for lunch.  Yep.  I think it taste like Panera's.   I guess ya have to let it rest a day before eating  LOL!   So I thought I'd share and let you see for yourself.

You're going to need...
3 cups broccoli florets
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup half-and-half
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
8 slices Kraft Singles Sharp Cheddar Cheese (I know, right?)
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/3 cup diced white onion
pinch ground black pepper


steam broccoli in a steamer basket over boiling water in a covered saucepan for 6 minutes.

Remove broccoli to a copping board until cool, then use a large sharp knife to dice broccoli into pieces that are about the size of peas.

Pour chicken broth into a large saucepan with half and half.  Whisk in flour, and then add remaining ingredients, including the broccoli.
Turn heat to medium, stirring often until mixture begins to bubble.
Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until carrots are tender and soup is thick.
(Makes 4 servings)

Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing, thanks for sharing! I've often thought soups tasted better the next day, too. Must be that period of ingredients settling together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think anything with cheese and broccoli has to be delicious!! Looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to figure out Panera's broccoli soup recipe for years. I'm going to have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was dinner tonight, and it was amazing! I have no idea if it was anything like Panera or not since I don't eat there. I did do a couple of things differently...used an entire pint of half-and-half, and 12 slices of cheese (the whole pack) as well as about 4 ounces of shredded cheddar I had in the fridge doing nothing. Which ended up making it more like six servings. Can't wait to have it for lunch tomorrow to see how much better it gets!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails