Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

FREEZER FOODS FRIDAY

Well now I've done it!  I am smack dab in the middle of a PANTRY CHALLENGE so there's no getting any OAMC, or freezer cooking supplies for me this week.   I'm doing quite well in the Pantry Challenge by the way.  I only have to cook one meal a day since hubby doesn't eat breakfast at home, and he's at work for lunch.  That only leaves dinner.   Here's our meals so far:
Monday - beef enchiladas (I had already browned some taco seasoned ground beef in the freezer)

Tuesday - Chicken pot pie, lemon meringue cupcakes AND strawberry turnovers.  Yes, that was two desserts!  Not only did I fix our dinner, but took a meal to some friends!  

Wednesday -  Chef salad night

Thursday - Grilled hotdogs, slaw  and salad.  (I used the French Dressing I had made and blogged about here)

So far, so good.  I haven't even had to break into the allowed $5.00.  This goes until Sunday night and Monday we're all meeting back here for a linky to see how everybody did.   I can't wait to visit all the blogs that participated!

Now, I'm not going to leave you recipe-less!  Ya know I love marinades.  My all-time favorite "store bought" marinade is Allegro.   When I buy steaks (love the Albertson's buy one get two deals!)  I divide them up into ziploc bags and just pour the marinade in there and freeze.  Then, when I'm thawing the steaks, they're also marinating.  Good deal!

ok......
Have you heard of "dump chicken"?   Back in 2001 (I know because I printed these out and that's the date on it! LOL) I got these recipes.  The deal is, you just "dump" all the ingredients into a freezer bag and freeze.  What could be quicker?   I wanna share some with you.  If you have others, please, by all means, share!

These are ingredients, you add the amount of chicken you want.  When ready to cook, dump the (thawed) bag into a baking dish and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven.  Bake until juices run clear (45-60 minutes for chicken pieces, or 20-30 minutes for boneless skinless chicken breasts.  (This is the procedure for all below)

BBQ Jelly Chicken
3/4 cup ketchup
3/4 cup blackberry, strawberr, peach or apricot ham
1/8 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/8 teaspoon salt

Chili Maple Glazed Chicken
2 TBSP water
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 TBSP maple syrup
1 TBSP chili powder

Citrus Ginger Chicken
1/4 cup orange marmalade
1 TBSP honey-mustard
3/4 tsp ground ginger
1/8 tsp red pepper (optional)

Creole Chicken
(one of my fave's!)
1 TBSP olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup bell pepper chopped
1 clove minced garlic
14 oz can whole tomatoes (chopped and drained)
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp pepper sauce

(kinda boring without pics, right?   Sorry)
I've put up McLinky for you to share your freezer meals, bulk cooking, tips or recipes.  Or if you just want to show us your accomplishments for your oamc.  We'd all love to see!  Please be sure to link back to this so everyone can see.  You can take the button to the right and put on your blog, or not.  It's ok,  just link back to here...and leave a comment too.    Have fun!

the serious stuff:  Freezer Foods Friday© is my name for this event.  I just ask that you don't copy that name. I love that there are others excited about making "freezer meals", and I encourage that, please use a different name other than Freezer Foods Friday.  Thank you for being a sweetie about that!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! I have never heard of "dump" chicken, but I love the idea!!! So great! I want to try them all. I need to go out and buy some chicken!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i havent heard of dump chicken either. sounds do able. the marinades sound wonderful :) yum! reading your blog today made me hungry.
    blessings,
    aimee

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to have linked up to this weeks linky party again. I love the idea of pulling food out of your freezer as a quick fix for dinner. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some good recipes, Jeanette, thanks for passing them along. I will be using one or more :).

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails