Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops

Tonight's Meal:  Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops

Ok, remember Monday, my post of my Menu Plan (click on Menu Plan to see)?  Yeah, I don't always go by that exclusively.   I've never really been one to like to color within the lines...even when I did the outline. So I switched it up a bit and did the pork chops tonight.   It was a new recipe (if you saw the Menu Plan I noted it was from  Mr. Food)  The best of Mr. Food Cookin' Quickies to be exact.

I'm going to share with you!


Balsamic Pork Chops
4 boneless  center cut loin pork chops
2 Tsp lemon pepper   ( didn't limit myself on this, so I did more than 2 tsp!)
1 TBSP olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup canned chicken broth
Sprinkle chops evenly with lemon pepper.




Heat oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
Add the chops.  Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, or until browned.
Remove chops from the skillet and keep warm.

Combing the vinegar and broth to the skillet,stirring to loosen any browned bits from pan.
Cook over medium-high heat until mixture is reduced to a thin sauce.  Spoon over the chops.
(The book said to cook this 4 minutes, but I found it took longer for me)
Spoon over chops


I served this with summer squash  and brussels sprouts.   I know...hubby doesn't like the sprouts either but he's a good sport.

Now, my evaluation? I thought it could have used a little more flavor.  I tend to want to put garlic on everything and maybe it's just my bias.   The balsamic vinegar reduces quite a bit and it was good (balsamic vinegar when cooked actually gets sweet) but I was just wishing for some more ooomph!
That, and I need a good meat thermometer!  I don't even own one.   (any recommendations?)  I tend to get really weird about pork, so I did cook it longer than what the cookbook said to and it was a tad bit dry but I was worried.  It wasn't the recipe's fault, just my insecurity about undercooked pork!  LOL

So, there you have it.  It is really easy with a minimum of ingredients and I'll let you try at your own risk.  Admittedly, I don't have a lot of experience with pork...except for BBQ!  LOL

Oh, and seriously, can anyone recommend a good meat thermometer?  Do you use one?
I really think I need a meat thermometer and I wouldn't dry out my meats, ya know?

5 comments:

  1. I'm having chops tonight, maybe I'll try this.

    I don't use a meat thermometer.... I have no use for it. What did women do 100 years ago for a thermometer?? You really don't need one if you know what you're doing... and you look to be doing fine!

    Maybe be less paranoid about your meat, yes even pork. Overcooked is better than undercooked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stopping by from SITS. I saw your post and had to check it out. We are having pork chops for dinner and I wasn't sure what to do with them. I'm marinating mine in balsamic vinegar and olive oil and I'm going to grill them later.

    On the brussel sprouts, I've read they are better if you roast them, but I've never tried that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few pork recipes. Some easy. Some time consuming. This one looks like it could be changed in many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby smokes and bbqs a lot of meat and he relies on his meat thermometer. He has one that you put the probe into the meat...seems to work good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made them, and even mentioned your great blog! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    http://fredaliciouseats.wordpress.com/2010/05/21/bitchin-balsamic-glazed-pork-chops/

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails