Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

(this was sent to me in an email from a friend...)

The Cross in Our Bodies


A couple of days ago I was running (I use that term very loosely) on my treadmill, watching a DVD sermon by Louie Giglio (check out the video on youtube by clicking on Louie's name)... And I was BLOWN AWAY! I want to share what I learned. 

He (Louie) was talking about how inconceivably BIG our God is... How He spoke the universe into being... Etc. Etc. Then He went on to speak of how this universe-creating God ALSO knitted our human bodies together with amazing detail and wonder. At this point I am LOVING it (fascinating from a medical standpoint, you know.) . And I was remembering how I was constantly amazed during medical school as I learned more and more about God's handiwork. I remember so many times thinking..'How can ANYONE deny that a Creator did all of this???'
The God who created all this, also has the power to hold it all together when things seem to be falling apart...how our loving Creator is also our sustainer.

And then I lost my breath. And it wasn't because I was running my treadmill, either!!!

It was because he started talking about laminin. I knew about laminin.. Here is how Wikipedia describes them: 'Laminins are a family of proteins that are an integral part of the structural scaffolding of basement membranes in almost every animal tissue' You see.... Laminins are what hold us together... LITERALLY. They are cell adhesion molecules. They are what holds one cell of our bodies to the next cell. Without them, we would literally fall apart. And I knew all this already. But what I didn't know is what they LOOKED LIKE..
But now I do. And I have thought about it a thousand times since (already)....Here is what the structure of laminin looks like... AND THIS IS NOT a 'Christian portrayal' of it.... If you look up laminin in any scientific/medical piece of literature, this is what you will see....

Now tell me that our God is not the coolest!!! Amazing. The glue that holds us together.... ALL of us..... Is in the shape of the cross. Immediately Colossians 1:15-17 comes to mind.

He is before all things, and in him All things HOLD TOGETHER.'
Colossians 1:17
Thousands of years before the world knew anything about laminin, Paul penned those words. And now we see that from a very LITERAL standpoint,we are held together... One cell to another.... By the cross.

You would never in a quadrillion years convince me that is anything other than the mark of a Creator who knew EXACTLY what laminin 'glue' would look like!!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    New follower!

    I would love if you would come and visit my blog and become a new follower :)

    BTW - I loved this blog!

    I'm going to "reblog" it, but will make sure to give you credit and link your site!

    Have a great day!

    Melanie
    www.jonathanandmelanie.blogspot.com
    Featured Spotlight Blogger for Mommies Faves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this -so true ! God does amazing things -Just today my mom was suppose to have a lumpectomy and when they went in for the preop they said it was a miracle because the tumor was 100% gone :) That my dear friend was God for sure , oh and I am sure the laminins had something to do with it . thanks for sharing- I will have to send this to my mom .

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post was amazing. I have been struggling with my faith for a few weeks. I know what I believe but not why I believe it and that has been bothering me. It is so awesome to see the science to my beliefs.

    Also I just wanted to let you know that I am giving you the Sweet Blog award. I wanted to say thank you for being my blog friend. You can see it here:
    http://goodmorninbeautiful.blogspot.com/2010/05/sweet-award-from-sweet-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is very cool! I haven't seen or heard of those little guys before. And yes, I often wonder how anyone can deny God.

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails