Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

FREEZER FOODS FRIDAY

Today it's "Freezer Quesadillas" !

So it's May 7th and not the 5th - we can still do Mexican, right?  I must admit, I'm not as big of a fan as some of the other members in my family of Mexican foods - and that's probably because I've never been exposed to very good food. I've only been to a few Mexi-American style eateries ---does Taco Bell count?  LOL. 
But last night I was looking at some of the recipes I got from the forum on 30 Day Gourmet (remember when I shared some of my favorite OAMC cookbooks and sites?) and came across this one.  I looked at the date and it was from 2005!   Don't ya just loving looking over recipes and seeing how long you've had them?  Ok, call me weird.   Anyway, I thought I'd share this one with you in honor of Mexi-Month!  (Yeah, I made that up!)
                                                  
Freezer Quesadillas
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, finely minced
1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
1 cup Thick and chunky salsa
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
1 teaspoon chili powder
8 Flour tortillas; 6 inches round

In a mixing bowl, mix chicken, sour cream, salsa, cheeses and chili powder

Place chicken mixture in a quart-sized freezer or storage bag.  Seal.  Place quart-sized freezer bag inside of a gallon sized freezer bag.  Add the tortillas to the bag.  Seal, label and freeze.

Serving Directions:
Thaw contents of the quesadilla kit.  Remove the tortillas and separate.  Lay out on a flat surface, such as a clean counter, and divide the filling evenly between the tortillas.  Fold each tortilla in half.  Spray a frying pan with cooking spray.  Cook the quesadillas one at a time in the pan.  Lightly browning them on each side.  The cheese in the filling should melt.  After each one is done, remove it from the pan.  Using a pizza cutter, cut each quesadilla into three pieces.



Now it's your turn.  Wanna join in and share a make-ahead idea, tip or recipe?  Link up to your post here.  And then link to this post so everybody can come see all the ideas, tips and recipes!




1 comment:

  1. Quesadillas are one of my FAV'S and they are a great way to hide veggies if your kids aren't big fans. You can also bake your quesadillas in the oven for a nice, crispy finish. About 10 minutes in a 375 degree oven.

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails