Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Tomorrow is my party!

Tomorrow (Saturday) is my annual ornament exchange.  I originally started having a cookie exchange back in the 80's, but people started complaining about not wanting to bake all those cookies.  I know, right.   So then it became an ornament exchange and I've been doing ornament exchanges for about 17 years.  The attendees have changed faces during the years and circumstances have also changed with the "old timers", but it's still a "look forward to" event.   Honestly, you'll hear ladies tell other ladies who want to get on the invitation list,  "there's a waiting list".  (there kinda is!)
Anyway, since I probably won't be posting tomorrow...party and all ya know.  I thought I'd post some of the past invitations, which I'm told have become "works of art".  LOL

I don't know why I didn't save invitations before 2007 or I'd have more to bore you with.  LOL



2007





When I blog about the party, I'll show you the back and that will explain how I do my exchange.  It's loads of fun!

Right now, I've got to get in the kitchen and try to salvage a botched cake! (more on that later too!)

6 comments:

  1. sounds like a lot of fun! My bunco group does a chinese ornament exchange for our Christmas party each year. Its fun to see which one you end up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your invitations are great!

    I love cookie exchanges, though. I have one to go to this week and can't wait. It's still less work than making all those different kinds of cookies myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Patti - I've never played Bunco - but have heard it's loads of fun! We do the "chinese exchange" for the ornaments too and other things.
    Shell - Thanks. I love the cookie exchanges too and didn't get to go to one this year, but try to be "invited" to one. They're so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like so much fun! Thank you for stopping by my feature day, it is very nice to meet you. Have a wonderful holiday season :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your invitations are so pretty. What a fun idea!! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An ornament exchange is a wonderful idea!! :) I love all the special ornaments on my tree and can imagine the memories you can get from having a party like that. Great idea!
    Visiting from SITS! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails