Pages

Monday, August 1, 2011

Sunday School Breakfast Casserole

This recipe has been through so many “owners” since I first received it y-e-a-r-s ago.  (Remember when Taste of Home’s yearly cookbooks used to be spiral bound?   That’s how long ago.)
First, I got it from the cookbook, then Lisa asked if she could contribute it to for our Christmas Happening recipes – put her name on it,  Then Linda did a cooking demonstration and used it – now it had her name on it.  Then, my husband decided he wanted to contribute to the men’s annual “stuff-yer-gut” Christmas breakfast in our old Sunday School class so I gladly handed the reigns to him.   I didn’t mind at all because, you see, as I said I didn’t originate it.  I just tweaked it.  Besides that, if a recipe isn’t shared…it dies. 
This past Sunday, we put ourselves down to bring snacks.  My Man-of-the-house decided he was going to make the Breakfast Casserole (now called “his” casserole LOL).  Gladly I “let him”, with the condition that I get to take pictures of him doing it and then share with all of you.
SweetJeanette (2)  (his chef’s cap?)
Sunday School Breakfast Casserole   (A.K.A.  Overnight Breakfast Casserole)
8 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1/2 tsp salt
8 hashbrown patties, frozen
* 2 cups ham, chopped or cubed
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
SweetJeanette (3)  SweetJeanette (4) 
Spray bottom of 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray, line with the hashbrown patties. 
SweetJeanette (7)
Mix together  the milk, eggs, mustard powder and salt. 
SweetJeanette (6)SweetJeanette (8)
SweetJeanette (9)  SweetJeanette (10)
Top with the ham and cheese.
SweetJeanette (14)
Pour milk- egg mixture over all.

Cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
Bake at 350 for one hour, covered.  Then uncover and bake another 15 minutes.
SweetJeanette (11)

* Instead of ham, this time, we used bacon. (about a pound)
And I just realized, I totally forgot to take a picture of the end result!!!
Sorry, but it if helps – it was all gone by the end of Sunday School class!
Enjoy!
C27B603B40E9652D064A404F939FADED
and a special thanks to my wonderful husband for letting me take all the pics of him!

7 comments:

  1. I am printing this out! It sounds yummy and I have snacks in our Sunday School Class the 24th of this month! Thanks!!

    Lou Cinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a variation of what we call church basement breakfast casserole or Easter casserole. I may have to try to make the recipe smaller and make it for me and the kids this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather you could freeze what you don't use. I've cut up individual servings and wrapped each slice (individually) and popped into ziploc bags. Makes for a great quick breakfast next time you're rushed. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally different, but yet similar to the Breakfast Casserole I make. Mine, I can make ahead and put in the freezer.
    BTW - how do you get those chickens to lay eggs with dates on them? Ours don't do that lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made this in 2 8" square baking pans, one with ham and one with cooked sausage. After cooling completely in the refrigerator, I cut them into individual servings. I reduced the cooking time to 45 min. since they are in smaller pans. I also did not refrigerate these overnite. Not sure if that is an issue or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really excited to stumble upon this blog post, even though it seems to be from a while back! I was actually searching for information on how to add money to my Cash App card at 7-Eleven, and I'm thrilled to have found some guidance here.
    https://www.promocodehq.com/blog/how-to-add-money-to-cash-app-card-at-7-eleven/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your Sunday School Breakfast Casserole recipe on your blog absolutely delightful, Jeanette! Thank you for sharing such a scrumptious idea for a weekend breakfast. I can't wait to try it out with my family this Sunday.
    https://www.frugalishness.com/free-atm-for-cash-app/

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails