Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

FREEZER FOODS FRIDAY

It's that time again! FREEZER FOODS FRIDAY is here.

This is, hands down, my absolute favorite meatloaf recipe. And yes, I've tried it and it freezes well. Once upon a time, I went with a friend to one of those places you go and make your dinners and bring 'em home and cook them. There are all kinds of different chains that do that. Well, I made this meatloaf there and fell in instant like with it. After a while, they were going to close and were having a going out of business sale. (they also prepared meals you could come by and pick up for an extra charge). I saw they had a few meatloaves offered so I tried to buy all of them.... Honest! I liked it that much, and I already knew it would freeze well. But there was someone in there at the time who liked it as much as I did obviously and wanted to purchase a couple so I wasn't going to be a "pig" about it! LOL.

Now, it never hurts to ask, right? So, being bold, I just asked if since they were closing, would they consider selling that particular recipe. Guess what!?!? They gave it to me! While looking through my recipes to share today, I came across that one. I do hope you'll try it and let me know if you liked it as much as I do!!!

Sun-Dried Tomato Meatloaf

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef

1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes

1/4 cup parmesan cheese

1/2 cup mozarella cheese

3/4 cup basil (fresh if you've got it)

3/4 cup chopped onions

1 scoop ketchup

1 tsp garlic

1 cup Italian breadcrumbs

1/3 cup liquid egg substitute

Lightly spran pan with cooking spray. Mix well. Form into loaf and press into prepared pan Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.




Now it's your turn. If you have a make-ahead idea, tip, or recipe please join in the link-up. Just link back to here so we can all enjoy!




6 comments:

  1. Hi sweet jeanette!
    I just recieved the sweetest package in the mail today filled with adorable hearts! You have just made my day~ Thank you again your your kindness and I will keep you and your family in my prayers during this hard time.
    ps..those hearts are just soooo cute! ((hugs)) Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious! Do you freeze it before or after cooking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amy - I've done it both ways, but my pref. is after. (makes it quicker! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking meatloaf recipe. I'll bet those sundried tomatoes really give it excellent flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delicious! I have got to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that sounds really good! I love all the stuff you put it! Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails