Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

FREEZER FOODS FRIDAY - GUEST POST

It's Freezer Foods Friday and today starts a series of "Guest Posts" on my site. I'd like to introduce you to my friend Trisha.  We first met in the Tip Junkie's Blogfrog community.   She has an adorable blog, and you should really go over and pay her a visit!  Today she is sharing a recipe with us.  I'll get right to it and let her introduce herself to you...

Hi everyone, I'm so excited to be here on Sweet Jeanette today!  I am Trisha, and I am the author of 3 Four and Under.  I have a 4 year old daughter and 18 month old twin boys.  On my blog I share crafts, sewing, recipes, and more.  I have been a follower of Jeanette for a while now, and am so glad that I have the oppotunity to guest blog for her today!

This is an easy recipe that you can make ahead and leave in your refrigerator, and cook it when you need it. It is also a great recipe to cook and freeze.








Tijuana Torte  (I'm not sure why it's called Tijuana Torte, this recipe is from a really old cook book that my mom had)


1 lb ground beef


1 dozen corn tortillas


1 medium chopped onion


1 package taco seasoning


1 can diced tomatoes


1 8oz can tomato sauce


1 8oz can water


1/2 lb mild cheddar cheese



In a skillet on medium heat, Brown ground beef; add onions, taco seasoning, tomato sauce, water, and tomatoes.
 
Simmer until bubbly (about 15 minutes)
 





Take a 9.5 x 11 pan and put a little sauce on the bottom.





Put 2 tortillas on top of sauce.  Now add more sauce, then cheese





Continue alternating the tortillas, cheese and sauce until all is used





End with sauce and cheese.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.  Serves 8


I served the torte with pineapple and cottage cheese, and cesar salad.  The thing I like about this recipe is you can make as much as you want.  You can half the recipe and make 1 stack or you could double the recipe and make 4 stacks.  It can feed 2 people or a large crowd.  My family loves this recipe and I hope that you like it too. 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for having me Jeanette! It was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really wish a store was open so I could make that now ;) Can you hear my stomach growling?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I think I'll try to make this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy! I'm always looking for freezer meals to try. Thanks for sharing.
    I've stumbled this post for ya! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails