Pages

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Freezer Meals

So there I was, surfing the net as usual, and came upon this... ("came upon"... sounds like I should follow that up with "and what to my wandering eyes should appear"... LOL)

(click on image to go there)

Where the question was posed "got a great make ahead or freezer friendly meal?" Well, for those who have been (ah-hmmm) "privileged" to attend any of my freezer cooking classes I did in the past, you know I'm the self appointed "freezer queen" LOL. (I'll never forget the one class I taught when someone spoke up and said "but my ice cream IS my freezer meal" !!! LOL) Sorry, I'm such a side-tracked individual. Since today is not a cooking day, I thought about my "make ahead" method for our "grilling days" (that are already in the freezer now) You know (I've posted before), where I buy steaks in bulk (gotta love the Albertsons' Buy One Get Two free deals!). We really like Allegro's marinade (the original one, not the other new flavors) so at the same time I grab up some good deals on steaks, I also grab a bottle..or two.. of the Allegro marinade. When I get home, I just divide the steaks into gallon ziploc type bags and pour the marinade in. Then I freeze 'em. When we're going to grill out, I just pull these bad boys out of the freezer and let thaw in the frige overnight. While they're thawing, they're also marinating! What could be easier?

Maybe I'll share more make-ahead, freezer-friendly recipes in the future, would you like that?
IF there's an interest, I will. But do leave a comment so I'll know if that's a plus, or a bore. OK?

4 comments:

  1. oh i do that too.. so much easier.. looking forward to other frozen tips..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Id like more freezer meal recipes. Sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea1 More, more..please.

    Stopping by from SITS. Hope your day is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by! I have steaks frozen, but never thought of putting in the marinade! Great idea!
    I'll be back!
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails