Pages

Friday, April 16, 2010

Lemon Cream Cupcakes with frosting!

Ladies and gentleman, I give you...

Cupcake!

If you love, and I mean really love lemons, then pucker up and smile! (?) I'm about to bestow on you a yummy lemon cupcake. These make a good 24 batch of cupcakes, but the frosting - not so much! LOL It frosted almost 12 cupcakes (it would've probably done a good 12, but I piped my frosting -until I saw it wasn't going to go far - whereas if I had just slathered it on it probably would've went further)
Here goes...

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup butter or margarine , softened ( I used butter)
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp grated lemon peel
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups sour cream

FROSTING:
3 TBSP butter
2 1/4 cups confectioner's sugar
2 TBSP lemon juice (of course, I used more!)
3/4 tsp vanila extract
1/4 tsp grated lemon peel
1 TBSP milk

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
Add lemon peel and vanilla; mix well.
Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream (batter will be thick).
Fill greased, or PAPER-LINED muffin cups with 1/4 cup batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool.

For frosting, cream butter and sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel and milk, beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes.


*** OK, I love tart things, so I added some lemon extract in both the cupcake batter and the frosting!

When I realized I wasn't going to have enough frosting, I opened a (gasp) store-bought container of vanilla frosting and added some lemon to that to finish all except six. Those six are bagged up and thrown in the freezer for a later little batch. So, yes, this is also a Freezer Foods Friday recipe ROFL!!

Now I'm wondering, why do my cupcakes turn out better when I use those cheapy foil cupcake pans from the grocery store instead of my real cupcake pans? Seriously, I baked a batch in those cheapy foil pans (with paper liners, of course), and a batch in the (paper lined) muffin tin/pan and the ones in the muffin pan browned way too quickly, while the cheap old foil pans baked beautifuly!


Enjoy!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Jeanette! Yea, I figured out my "comment" problem and am now able to comment on your posts! Those cupcakes look absolutely amazing - I wish I had one right now! :o) I love lemon anything, so I'll be giving these a try soon! Thanks for sharing.

    XOXO,

    Cyndi

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum!!! I want one now, but i don't have any fresh lemon in the house, I used it to make lemon chicken the other night and haven't been shopping yet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YUM YUM YUMMY! I would make them, but the kids wouldn't eat them...which means I would eat them ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great! My hubby would love those I think!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love lemons--these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look wonderful. I have been thinking about filling some with lemon curd and this icing would be good on them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I love lemon! What a refreshing summertime cupcake! Thanks so much for sharing them on Cupcake Tuesday!
    Feel free to add them to my new blog, It's A Blog Party. I host a different linky party everyday, Tuesdays are Delicious Dishes.
    http://itsablogparty.com
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails