Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Today, in Freezer Foods Friday I'd like to share some of the sites I've haunted over the years to get ideas and recipes from.   I'm sure you can google freezer foods, OAMC, and others, but these are some that have been my "go-to" sites and they may be  new to you.

Cooking By Numbers is a neat site.  You can type in ingredients you have on hand and they come up with some recipes utilizing those ingredients.  A great way to use up what's already in the pantry and frige!
also, along the same lines is  Recipe Finder

Yahoogroups has a couple of email groups I've belonged to for years:  Freezer-Friendly  and Frozen -Assets.  If you don't belong to any Yahoogroups email groups, then you'll need to sign up with Yahoo, but it's free.  These groups can tend to have larger volumes of email, so my suggestion would be to sign up as "Digest", instead of individual emails.

Growlies Freeze-Ahead is a neat website too.

and, there are lots of books out there too and I've bought just about all of 'em, but (and trust me, I'm not being compensated for saying this! LOL) my favorite one that has been the most beneficial to me is 30-Day Gourmet.   I bought their book years ago and this is the one I mostly relied on when teaching Freezer Cooking classes in the past.  It's the most practical and well balanced book out there.  And their website has a forum where others share their menus, recipes and tips.  I heart this site and book!!!

Well, there you have it, my list!  It used to be way long, but what I've shared with you is my top list.
What about you?  Do you have a go-to resourse for your make-ahead, bulk-cooking, freezer cooking, etc?
If so, please link-up and tell us all!
Please link back to here before linking up to McLinky so everybody can gain from this!


2 comments:

  1. How sad am I that I do not have any great links for this??? I think I have heard of Cooking By Numbers. I just couldn't remember what it was called. Thanks for the links! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi....I'm following you from Friday Follow. What a great site you have here. Can't wait to look around! I'd love to have you drop by my place too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails