Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Starkist Tuna Creations made an impression on me!

Have you tried this?


I don't normally like tuna (and there are 3 cans still sitting in my cupboard) but on a whim thought I'd try this...and there it sat in my cupboard for a couple of months ---the shelf life is long on this! LOL

It was lunch time, and I was hungry and it was either this, or those cinnamon rolls I made this weekend.  I was a good girl and opted for this!    Two words:  Yum-O!   For someone who doesn't like tuna fish, that stuff can really smell like bad cat food.  I would say "tastes"  but I've never really eaten cat food.

I don't know how the "other" flavors of this stuff tastes, but the Hickory Smoked flavor was quite yummy!



I really wished I had some of those really cool tomatoes Saucy (from my other blog  RealWomenEat gave my mom!  They were delish and look like a cherry tomato on steroids. (they weren't cherry tomatoes though)  but that will be for another post.

Now, I'm not getting any "kick-back" from Starkist or anything for bragging about their product (but, if they would like to send me more tuna to sample, I'd be game!  LOL).  I just thought you should know!  (giggle)

There was a recipe on the back that IF I had had the tortillas I would've made for my lunch but alas, no.
I thought I'd share it with you though, and then it'll be on my blog in case it isn't on the next pouch of tuna I purchase and I can refer back here!   Smart girl, I'd say!

Hickory Smoked Tuna Quesadilla

One (4.5 oz) pouch Starkist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
½ cup shredded Colby-Jack cheese blend
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1-1/2 oz cream cheese, softened
1/8 cup roasted red pepper strips
Two 10 inch flour tortillas

Mix tuna, cream cheese, shredded cheese, pepper strips and onions until blended.
Spread tuna mixture on one tortilla shell to the edges
Top with the other tortilla shell.
Spray a large skillet with vegetable spray and heat.
Place filled tortilla in the skillet and heat until brown; approximately 2-3 minutes per side.
Cut into 8 wedges and serve.

So, really, have you tried any of this stuff?  If so, what flavors have you tried and how was it?  I'd rather listen to a recommendation from you than Madison Avenue!   Do tell!

3 comments:

  1. Oh yes - living here in Florida this is the best staple for hurricane season supplies since it doesn't require a can opener. Almost all the flavors are excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never even seen that flavor before, but I am going to have to look for it. I like tuna all right, but you are right the smell is pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll have to give it a go, Jeanette! Good thing it's too late now, or I'd be heading to the store. lol
    xoxo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails