Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

BlogHer10 - ain't happenin'


Ok, so I've never been to a blogger's convention let alone the end-all be-all bloggy convention of 'em al...BlogHer.  (one day.... one day) But that's all I've heard about for two weeks solid on twitter...
bringing extra luggage for all the swag I'll receive...Just got the perfect shoes for the party... attending the Martha Stewart party....  and the tweets go on and on.  Not to mention all the "cool girls" will be there, or, the celebrities of blogdom!  Big names!  LOL   (Why do I feel like the wallflower at home on the night of the prom with a face full of zits?)

Yes, I'm staying home during the BlogHer 2010 conference.But there's no reason to be down about it. I've found three parties on twitter for the ones who couldn't go!  Maya from Musings of a Marfan Mom and Stefany from ToBeThode are hosting the No-Go BlogHer party. This is guaranteed to be a great time and you can participate right from your sofa (or kitchen, office, heck even your bathroom if you want). Go to their blogs and join in the party (blog-hop) starting TODAY (thursday) See the button in the sidebar.

There's also a blogher pity party  bloghop at life without pink  you can join in and if on twitter: #blogherpityparty.  And a not going to blogher party (#notgoingtoBlogHer)  If you're a twitter, you can join in the fun too.  In all three parties, there are give-aways.  (in fact, I'm donating to two, possibly three of them!  I've made some shopping totes called "it's all that tote".

I was asked these questions from the No-Go BlogHer party:

1.When did you start blogging?  Well, I opened my blog, not knowing what on earth I was doing, the end of April, 2009.  And there it sat because..well, because like I said I didn't know what I was doing!

2.Why did you start blogging?   Ya know, I've wondered that many times myself and the truth is, I don't have a good answer.  I think I started it because "all the cool kids were doing it", but then it soon became a passion and I liked putting my thoughts "out there".

3.What is one thing you are going to do this week that is WAY cooler than going to BlogHer?
Well, that would definitely be (besides being with my wonderful husband) attending more than one (non)BlogHer party!!!

4.Share a post that you think says a lot about you or is your favorite.
What?  You mean I can't share the whole shootin' match???  Ok, then, how about the day I knew my husband loved me.

 Now, if you wanted to, but can't, go to BlogHer, come play with us...the new Cool Girls! See y'all there!

6 comments:

  1. I'm not going either, it's a bit far from Scotland - but one day I will, it sounds like so much fun.

    I may join you over on twitter over the weekend!
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. *raises hand* Not going. Me. Not. Nope. I'm staying riiiight here, at home, in the air conditioning, on my couch, in my PJs! lol

    Stopping by from No-Go blog hop. I enjoyed my time here, it's always nice to find other southern girls!!! I'll be back! (and I'm a new follower too!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopping by from NGBH and wanted to say hi I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a great idea! you are so creative. who says you have to go to a blog conference to have fun.
    blessings,
    aimee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jade - well when you do get to come to US for a blog-fest of some sorts, maybe we'll all be there and can meet up as the didn't-go-to-Blogher10 group! LOL
    Crystal and Nickie THANK YOU for following! I'm thrilled you did!!! I'll be stopping by your blog-homes soon!
    Aimee, I wish I could take credit for it. I'm just participating! LOL I think it will be fun!!! If you look to the side bar where my flicker pics are you'll see the two totes I'm donating for their "swag" !

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails