Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Lesson Learned...Hopefully!

Ok, so I get this pattern that I think would be a really good “market tote”, or everything bag like the name of the pattern, and find this really neat looking quilted upholstery type fabric. I think, ok, I’ll do a prototype and see if it’s a “keeper”. Following good rule-of-thumb advice so far, right? Being the over-achiever that I am, I think “I have enough fabric for three, why not go ahead and cut out three?” Get ‘em all cut out, decide to start assembling them “assembly line” fashion…Ok, it’s getting late, just finish this one now. So on I go, smooth sailing…until I get to putting those handles/straps and finishing them! See, you’re supposed to sew two strips together, then after sewn in, fold those and sew 3 lines…well think about it. That’s a bunch of layers to be sewn and it’s a quilted upholstery fabric! DUH. Needless to say, this one will be the only one of this fabric. I’ll cut the others pieces into some pouches or something. I did like the tote, so it IS a keeper and I’ll just cut out some more of a different fabric (can still use the lining fabric too). So, here’s the finished product…what do y’all think?



(To give an idea of the size of this tote, inside I have stuffed a (folded) fitted queen size sheet and a large bath towel)

7 comments:

  1. That is really cute! I have also made the "over achiever" mistake a few too many times!!!

    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog! I can't wait to take a look around yours :) I already noticed your carrot cake recipe, which just so happens to be my husband's FAVORITE cake! Can't wait to try it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping in from SITS! FANTASTIC blog! Love the bag...I Love to sew as well, and one of my favorite things to make are aprons!
    Come over and check out my 5 DAYS OF GIVE-A-WAYS!
    http://truebeautyinsideandout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that is super cute! Stopping by from SITS hope you have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice work. youre talented. making my SITS rounds

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love large totes! I don't really have the patience to sew things myself. I think about it and then decide nevermind!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails