Pages

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Angel Kiss Ornament


Want a quick and "sweet" ornament to give or use?  These are great little favors for guests, co-workers, teachers,  or decorations, or add-ons to a bow on a package....  You can make up a bunch in no time.  Here's what you'll need:

Chenile stem, or "pipe cleaner",  I used silver tinsel










Metallic craft cord










Tiny wooden beads  (sorry forgot to take a picture!)

Hershey Kisses (ok, there weren't any kisses left after my projects -  I had to make cookies too!)
1/4 inch wide satin ribbin, and you could also glue on top of the ribbon a teeny-tiny jingle bell
Hot glue, and glue gun.  I used the low-heat glue gun.

The toughest part was getting the loops even for the "wings".  I finally just used the top of an ink pen to make the loops even...










Here's what you end up with (your going to cut the "tails" off)




















Next take that little bead and poke the craft cord through it.  I found the easiest way was to make my loop and stick the loop part through the hole from the bottom.  Now trim the bottem tails and with the nozzle of the glue gun, poke up thorugh the hole, ONLY SLIGHTLY, and squirt the hot glue inside.











Now that you have your individual parts put together, it's just a matter of putting  a dab of glue on the back to glue the wings on. 


Glue the "head" on the very top of the body, tie a tiny bow and glue to the "neck".












OH!  I forgot to mention the halo!!!  What's an angel without a halo?  Just make a tiny circle from your tinsel stem and put on top of head, just be sure you pull the "hanger" you made out of the craft cord through it!

and there you have it, a cute little angel kiss.   If you make these, please link back here, and let me see your finished angels and how you used them.



3 comments:

  1. very sweet project. I think I might make this one with my girls next week when they are on Christmas break, should be fun. Thank you for sharing
    Blessings
    Tiara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute Jeanette, it's always nice to have something to do with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute!!!! Bummer that I am seeing it after the holidays! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails