Pages

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Welcome to My Christmas Open House tour



I'm so excited you're here!  Come on in and make yourself comfortable.  Here, where's my manners?  Would you like a cup of hot apple cider?  There's plenty of yumminess on the kitchen counter.  Go ahead and dig in.  There's no formal order here!  Just enjoy!
First is the living room, but I call it  the "old room" because it's where we started accumulating antiques...old things.  LOL 


Have you heard me say enough that I like shiny objects?!?  LOL  I love baubles and bling.


You remember the crystal and pearl tree post, right?  Well, here it is again.  Beause, well, because it's in the "old room" . 


 
and just to remind you, the one beautiful rose in the branches up front, is in memory of my father.






My mother gave me this Nativity scene last year.  I begged for it actually!  It's by Mark Klaus and he does such beautiful, intricate work.  I have his ornaments too, (you'll see those later)  Look at it when the light is on -



My mother gave me this egg last year at my ornament exchange (hostess gift?)  It's so neat.  It has four oval doors that open up to reveal a rotating angel scene.  Plays music too.
and of course, can't forget my nutcrackers!  I put them on top of the quilt rack that holds my cathedral window quilt. 
 
I got this quilt (below) at an after Christmas sale at one of the Mennonite restraunts in Sarasota.  It's silk and velvet!  
 
Did I mention I love quilts ?  LOL
 
 

Here's the other Mark Klaus ornaments I spoke of...

 
 I really wish I could do these justice.  The carvings are so intricate.  Below is my attempt to show you the one ornament that is sitting on a stand in front of the others.  It rotates inside (with music) and I've taken shots of both sides (inside)
This is in my kitchen cupboard (usually where I store my cookbooks)
 
The two pieces have lights on the inside, here's a pic of them with the light on...

 











I just realized, I don't have any Christmas pillows!  Don't you think that antique church pew needs one, or three?  LOL
Well, thank you for coming. I hope I hadn't bored you too much.  Do come back and visit.  I so enjoy our time together!
I'm joining in on these parties,  come on over and view other beautifully decorated homes.  I'm sure you're welcome there too!

Merry Christmas!
I'm linking up to Holiday Haven's Christmas in July Party!

40 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed your Christmas Home tour!! Its fun seeing how everyone decorates their homes for the holidays! I love all the quilts and the beautiful ornaments too!! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!

    Though I'm feeling more and more like a grinch once I see how much other people have done.

    I LOVE all those quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such a great display of Snowmen!!
    Beautiful fun home!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so pretty.... I had such a fun time taking your home tour...love that egg with the oval door and nativity set, and that handmade yoyo tree skirt that your MIL made... you did show it! I know you talked about it in a previous post. It's perfect around your friendship tree. That's a Beautiful rose on the front of your Christmas tree too... so sweet are the memories it holds for you, I'm sure. The tree looks lovely.
    Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season!
    Big Hugs,
    Queenie

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! Awesome decorations. I LOVE those Mark klaus ornaments...beautiful. And your quilt cupboard. Holy smokes! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your tour you are too cute! I tagged you on our blog tomorrow with a question thingie if you are so inclined to play along have at it!! fa la la la la
    Cara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so cozy! Love all the quilts..you can never have too many. I also collect Jim Shore pieces. Love the tour.
    Blessings,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jeanette you can visit me any time! I would love to have your company. My husband and I get lonely without Amber. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i just love your christmas decorations jeanette! your house looks so cosy dressed like that! thank you for sharing and offering us this lovely tour!
    have a sweet day!
    justyna

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Your house is amazing! I love that you've decorated every corner. This year I just haven't felt like decorating, plus with "men" in the house - they don't think it's necessary, so it just won't happen this year.
    Love what you've done with your house though!
    Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to have a church pew like yours and I love your room of old things ;)

    Your tree in there looks like something from a movie... gorgeous!

    rue

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many pretty things!!!! I especially like the first pic with the garland in the doorway. I'm definitely going to add that to my decor next year. Thanks for the tour and for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your tree dripping with icicles!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am jealous of all your quilts! Maybe just put one of them on the bench! It would look really great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You have a beautifully decorated home for Christmas! So many special things. Thank you so much for the great tour!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That is A LOT of quilts. Absolutely love the quilt armoire. Beautiful decor! Have a merry Christmas... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the jars and cakestands filled with goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So, how long does it take to put all of that up and take it down? Love the quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love quilts too! I don't have quite the collection you do, but I would love to learn to make them. I have a quilt my great-grandmother made me when I was born and my fiance's grandmother is making us one for when we are married.

    ReplyDelete
  20. You have quite the quilt collection!

    Seeing on of your pictures brought me back to early child hood. You have a picture hanging on your wall of 9 hearts, they each have little quotes in the hearts...that one. My mom had that when I was little. It was hung in our dining room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love my own house when its decorated for Christmas, and I especially love to see how other people's homes are decorated, too. Isn't it disappointing right after everything is packed up again for another year? I look around my house with such dissatisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You sure have lots of nice decorations! Way more than I.

    Congrats on your SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Makes me wish for Christmas already!

    Congrats on your SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You do Christmas right! Love all the beautiful decorations! I have a thing for antiques, too! ;)

    Happy SITS Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ahhhh! Love it! I LOVE Christmas decorating too and I did that tour in 2008 but forgot about it in 2009. I'll have to go peeking at the Linky tour.

    You should definitely make some Christmas quilted pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yes that pew definitely needs some Christmas pillows, 3 I think would be just right. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love Christmas! You have some beautiful decorations! Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow. You do love Christmas. And quilts.

    Thanks for the tour.

    Happy SITS day.

    LisaDay

    ReplyDelete
  29. Having a Christmas home tour is a really cool idea! I loved it! I hope I can get my Christmas decorations together enough to have nice stuff one day.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Very lovely. What a great idea to take photos and show them. I always love decorating for Christmas so much and we never really have too many people over at the holidays. You really do love quilts. I love that you have them on display.

    Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love Christmas time! I am envious of your quilt collection! Happy SITS day!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am in love with it all! Your home is absolutely gorgeous--and what a beautiful collection of quilts!

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy SITS day. I'm glad you're showing your "Christmas Post"! Everything looks so warm and comfy!! Please stop by when you get a chance and check out mine. Happy Birthday Eve!

    Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Stopping by from SITS.
    I love Christmas too ! You have some beautiful decorations!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Christmas is my favorite time of year also! Love all your decorations...and the stories behind them all!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love the Nativity. It looks different when lit up and I love the irony in that. What an amazing holiday decorator you are!

    Natalie at Mommy on Fire
    http://www.mommyonfire.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the decorations. They are all beautiful, but your tree is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Very beautiful! Love your tree, very inspiring, now you have ME thinking!! (your link on the party wasn't working, so I am going in to fix that right now.) Oh.. and did you go with 3 pillows??

    ReplyDelete
  39. Great Christmas decorations!
    I just link up to the Christmas in July Party! Please stop by and take a peek at my 12 Christmas trees!!

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  40. Oh, I just came across the "Christmas in July" post!
    I just love your blog and will be signing up to follow!
    Leticia
    www.msbinglesvintagechristmas.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails