Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Craft - What I did with wooden eggs




I made two quick-n-easy crafts from those little half wooden eggs.  The package called 'em  "split robin egg"
Here they are: 


For the angel:  Just a little paint and either wing wood findings, or two small hearts (I've used both, this one was made with the wooden wings but I couldn't find 'em when I made the other batch, and the two small hearts worked just fine!  For her "hair", I just took a few strings of yard, tied them in a knot and hot glued the knot to the top of the egg and fayed it a bit.  You can tell the painting of her "outfit" and face is not elaborate.  You can do this!  If you feel more comfortable doing it on paper first, go ahead.  I think if you study the pic, you'll get an idea or personalize it anyway you want.

For the snowman's hat, I just used some scrap material, but I have used a child's sock .  Just cut a tube.  You don't even have to sew the tube, you can glue a seam and hot glue a pin back to the back and you're done.  Tie it close to the top.  Really quick (except for the drying time for the paint, it's a matter of minutes!)  Make a homemade card and punch a couple of holes in it to pin it to the card with the appropriate sentiment from you and you've got a super quickie gifty!   
I used to make pins to give to the doctors I worked for at Christmas and the card said "Your annual token tacky Christmas pin".  One doctor actually would call ahead the first week in December, and ask what day I was giving out the token pins.  (He said he would never call them "tacky"   LOL!)

7 comments:

  1. How cute! I would not call them tacky at all. It would make a great gift or stocking stuffer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jeanette, these are just precious!! They aren't tacky at all! I would wear these with pride. You're just so talented ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello SITSTA! Cute crafts! Very sweet and not tacky at all. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love these! I wish I could paint like that! I think you need to have a crafting workshop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very creative!

    Happy SITS Tuesday!

    Mayya @ Sew Chic and Unique
    http://sewchicandunique.com

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails