Pages

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Getting to Know You Christmas Meme

Thanks to Cara and Jenn from MOMentum of motherhood.  They tagged me in this Christmas "Meme"   Getting to Know You.

Here goes:

1. Have you started your Christmas shopping? Sure!  I usually do that all year long!  LOL.

2. Tell me about one of your special traditions. My annual ornament exchange!  I love doing this.  Gives me a chance to be with the girls and it's "our time"!

3. Are you a Black Friday Shopper? Not this year!  Though I am considering going to the "pajama party" next year in Ellenton!  Shops open up at midnight and you're supposed to come in your pj's!  I might not shop, but it's a good excuse for a party with the girls!!!

4. When do you put up your Tree? As soon as hubby will let me!!!  LOL.   This year I put it up early.  Like the second week in November early.

5. Do you Travel at Christmas or Stay home? Stay home.  I have a huge extended family and we all live around each other.  Christmas Eve is a big deal.  There's so many of us (like other people's family reunions I guess) and there are probably close to 80-100 people on that night.   It fluctuates in attendees according to how many people our family "adopts" for the evening!   and Christmas morning we go to hubby's family for breakfast and gifting.   THEN, and only then, do we celebrate "our" Christmas together.

6. What is your funniest Christmas memory? Oh my, with a family this large, there's always something hilarious!  I can't name just one!

7. What is your favorite Christmas Movie of All time? A Charlie Brown Christmas.   Nobody can read the biblical account of the birth of the Christ Child like Linus!

8. Do you do your own Christmas Baking, what’s your favorite treat?    oh yeah!  Remember the Christmas Eve I spoke of?  I'm always assigned "dessert".   Yippee!   I think the most popular are the red velvet bon bons I started bringing 5 years ago.  Then something else.  I don't know really, they like the bon bons, but I hate dipping the chocolate.  I like to try out something new every year along with the standbys!

9. Fake or Real Tree?  Fake.  I'm tired of the "tree's revenge" on my carpet!  Besides, one price one year.  Done!  I always sing the song as I'm putting up the Crystal and Pearl tree:  "Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree,  We've had you since 1993"    LOL

10. What day does the actual panic set in to get it all done? You mean you only have one "DAY" ?!?!?  LOL

11. Are you still wrapping presents on Christmas Eve?  No but I am into the wee hours on Christmas Eve-EVE!  (the 23rd).

12. What is your favorite family fun time at Christmas? I love going to my nephew's house after the BIG Christmas Eve with the whole family and watching my great neices and nephews open their gifts and see their faces.

13. What Christmas craft do you like the best?   Ornaments, and food gifts

14.Christmas music. Yes or No? If yes what is your favorite song? Definitely!!!  Mary's Boy Child by Boney M, or Three Degrees   and Walkin in a Winter Wonderland by the Eurythmics

15. When do you plan to finish all your shopping? Monday or Tuesday for one of the youngest neices,  the adults are getting gift cards!  LOL!

Thanks guys!  Now I'm supposed to tag 5 of my blog friends... here they are:

Debbie  from Love the Decor

My frind Kim from Cheap Chic Home

Pam from Country Mouse City Mouse

Audrey  from Audrey's Country Crafts

Audra from I'm Just a Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails