Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Second Christmas Tree (Friendship Tree)



This is the second tree I put up. I call it the "Friendship Tree".  Though not all, the majority of the tree is decorated with ornaments that friends, or family members (who are my friends anyway) have given me.  Over the years, there are some ornaments that I have forgotten who gave me what so a couple of years ago started asking them to sign and date it for me so I can remember and think of them as I decorate my tree.   The "crystal and pearl tree" may be elegant, but the Friendship tree is very special to me!  I'm not sure you can see it very well, but my mother in law made the garlands I have on the tree.  It is a garland of yo-yo's.   And you can't see the tree skirt, but she made that also. It is completely of hand sewn yo-yo's.  I'll have to take some pictures of the tree skirt for you to see after I move the presents out of the way.  Yes, there are presents there already!  LOL.  
Actually those "presents"  are prizes for my ornament exchange on the 12th.   (I'll post more about that later).  But for now, I just want to share my "friendship tree" with you. 



4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful tree. It makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, I love me some Christmas! Great pics! :) Happy Wednesday my Sweet SITSta!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful idea. I love it. Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog, I will be sure to follow your sweet blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, all your friends made you those?! You're quite the wealthy and very lucky one to have so many special people in your life :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails