Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Cinnamon Chip Scones

I made Cinnamon Chip Scones!
I don't know about where you live, but the time around Thanksgiving cinnamon chips are really a scarce commodity (being there's a tea room less than a mile from where I live, all the grocery stores near me get cleaned out!) But before Thanksgiving I was shopping at a grocery store across town and was able to snag 3 bags of chips!!! WooHoo.  Today I finally made some scones. 

Here's the recipe...just in case you get a hankerin' !  LOL

2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream (Don't substitute anything else for this, it won't work!)
cinnamon chips (I threw the whole bag in!!! - I don't think that ya should but I love cinnamon!)
3 TBSP melted butter (to brush on tops of scones.
Additional sugar and cinnamon for sprinkling on top

Combine flour, salt, baking powder, sugar and cinnamon chips in a medium mixing bowl.  Pour in heavy cream.
Stir ingredients until just combined.  Turn dough out onto a floured board and knead lightly  7-8 times - do not overwork the dough. 
Shape into a round, about 1 inch thick and cut into 8 wedges.
Place on a foil covered baking sheet (I used parchment paper!) so you don't have to spray with cooking spray.
Brush the tops of the scones with melted butter and sprinkle tops with sugar and cinnamon
Bake at 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes until just lightly golden brown (watch the bottoms!)  NOTE:  if you happen to want to put the whole bag of chips in...you might need to adjust the cooking time to a little longer.

You can serve with whipped cream, but as you can see, I didn't wait!  LOL

I'm linking up to

21 comments:

  1. This sounds so yummy! I will have to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these look soooooo yummy!
    makes me want to mess up my kitchen with a little baking

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmmmmm this looks so delish!!! and nice and warming to have in the cold wintertime! thanks for the recipe, I would love to make those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oops forgot to mention, stopped by from sits to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting via SITS, spreadin' the love...looks so yummy! Have a wonderful NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cinnamon chips are a hard commodity to find, aren't they? I scarf them up when I find them too.

    What a lovely blog you have here! You're so crafty AND you cook. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh my! I want some of these :) Have a happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds yummy!! You have a great blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those look yummy! thanks for poppin in at my blog. I was thinking about visitng some new blogs this year, and your first!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never made scones - but the family will eat anything with chocolate chips :)

    I wish for you an awesome and productive 2010!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks so yummy!!!! Happy new years!
    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We don't have cinnamon chips...sure wish we did!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. mmmmmm it sounds so yummy. I am totally going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never heard of these, Jeanette, but they sound delicious! Thanks for the recipe. I love anything with cinamon.

    Happy Foodie Friday...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds so good. I have never heard of the chips nor seen them. I guess I am too late this year. I'll have to look for them next year. Thanks for the heads up on that!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am a scone-aholic....these look devine!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yum! And I love the way you cut them. Thanks for this great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh, these look great! I know I have whipping cream in the fridge and I *think* I have some cinnamon chips, too. May make these tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can never find cinnamon chips-but I've had great luck making my own, adapting from http://www.mind-over-batter.com/whats-baking/diy-cinnamon-chips/
    I use just a touch less cinnamon and less karo and shortening (so they firm up a bit more) and soak up the oil that bakes out by swiping a paper towel over and around the blob when it comes out of the oven. They run a bit when you bake whatever you mix them into, but they're so exceptionally perfect flavor-wise, It's not a hardship eating the melty bits off the pan.

    ReplyDelete

I love your sweet comments and read them all. Please let me know you were here!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails